Taste of Catalan Countryside Day Trip with Winery Visit
Key Information: Taste of Catalan Countryside Day Trip with Winery Visit
|Offered seasonally (Jan. 14 & 28; Feb. 11 & 25; March 11 & 25; April 1st, 8th, 15th) starting at 10:45am.|
|Tour lasts approximately 6 hours|
|Starts at bus pickup point (Plaza Cataluña 21, in front of the Hard Rock Cafe). The bus will drop you back at the meeting point at the end of the day.|
|€119 per adult, €85 per teen, €65 per child (incl. 21% Spanish sales tax)|
About the Experience
If you are looking for a truly local day trip experience outside of Barcelona, this is the tour for you! We will head outside of the city to the nearby village and wine region of Alella, where we have a delicious and authentic morning full of local fun, food and wine waiting for you.
- First you’ll meet your guide and fellow foodies for private transport to the gorgeous village of Alella (the transport to and from Alella is included in your ticket).
- Next up, you’ll visit one of the region’s most famous wineries for a private walk through the vineyards and a tasting of their delicious wines.
- Then you’ll head to the village bodega! You’ll taste local vermouth straight from the barrel and nibble on tapas at this famous and buzzing local favorite tapas bar.
- Your guide will then take you on a visit of the local market, where you’ll have the chance to learn about and buy local specialties.
- Finally, the main event! You’ll experience one of the most authentic Catalan winter celebrations, feasting on grilled spring onions called calçots (see more information below!) at a rustic 17th century restaurant (the calçots come from the farm behind the restaurant!)
- Then for the next course – a lunch of grilled meats and delicious Catalan favorites, all paired with local wines
- Finally you’ll end with dessert and coffee!
What are calçots you ask? They are one of the region’s most authentic and special seasonal foods. Every winter Barcelona locals head for the countryside to feast on these delicious local spring onions which are grilled over an open flame, and eaten with a delicious special sauce. After stuffing themselves with onions, the locals then enjoy a barbecue of grilled meats and side dishes, all washed down with local wines.
Sound like fun? It’s an amazing, one-of-a-kind Barcelona experience! On our 5-hour day trip from Barcelona, you’ll feel like a local by experiencing a truly memorable taste of Catalan rustic village culture.
*Please note: Availability for this experience is very limited due to the seasonal nature of the event! There is a minimum of 4 guests for this experience to take place. If the experience doesn’t reach the required minimum 5 days before the event date we will contact you and provide a full refund.
- 6-hour one-of-a-kind local’s experience
- Private winery visit and tasting of 3 wines
- Experience a famous local bustling vermouth bodega
- Feast on local favorites in a 17th century restaurant that grows its own calçots
- Enjoy a day out of Barcelona with a visit to beautiful Alella
- Stories and insight about the local food culture
- Passionate local guide and food expert who speaks English and Spanish
- Private transport by comfortable bus
- Traditional Catalan pre-lunch tapas aperitif
- Grilled calçots (local spring onions unique to this region of the world)
- Romesco sauce (the most famous Catalan sauce)!
- Feast of delicious local barbecued meats
- Typical regional dessert
- Local vermouth straight from the barrel
- Private wine tasting, including sparkling wine (cava), white wine and red wine
- Local wines with lunch
- Special wines from a porrón (a typical wine pitcher drunk from in a traditional and fun way!)
- Water and soft drinks available