True people, amazing authentic places, delicious food, great stories. Thank you!
If you are looking for a truly local day trip experience outside of Barcelona, this is the tour for you! We will head outside of the city to the nearby village and wine region of Alella, where we have a delicious and authentic morning full of local fun, food and wine waiting for you.
- First you’ll meet your guide and fellow foodies for private transport to the gorgeous village of Alella (the transport to and from Alella is included in your ticket).
- Next up, you’ll visit one of the region’s most famous wineries for a private walk through the vineyards and a tasting of their delicious wines.
- Then you’ll head to the village bodega! You’ll taste local vermouth straight from the barrel and nibble on tapas at this famous and buzzing local favorite tapas bar.
- Your guide will then take you on a visit of the local market, where you’ll have the chance to learn about and buy local specialties.
- Finally, the main event! You’ll experience one of the most authentic Catalan winter celebrations, feasting on grilled spring onions called calçots (see more information below!) at a rustic 17th century restaurant (the calçots come from the farm behind the restaurant!)
- Then for the next course – a lunch of grilled meats and delicious Catalan favorites, all paired with local wines
- Finally you’ll end with dessert and coffee!
What are calçots you ask? They are one of the region’s most authentic and special seasonal foods. Every winter Barcelona locals head for the countryside to feast on these delicious local spring onions which are grilled over an open flame, and eaten with a delicious special sauce. After stuffing themselves with onions, the locals then enjoy a barbecue of grilled meats and side dishes, all washed down with local wines.
Sound like fun? It’s an amazing, one-of-a-kind Barcelona experience! On our 5-hour day trip from Barcelona, you’ll feel like a local by experiencing a truly memorable taste of Catalan rustic village culture.
*Please note: Availability for this experience is very limited due to the seasonal nature of the event! There is a minimum of 4 guests for this experience to take place. If the experience doesn’t reach the required minimum 5 days before the event date we will contact you and provide a full refund.
- 6-hour one-of-a-kind local’s experience
- Private winery visit and tasting of 3 wines
- Experience a famous local bustling vermouth bodega
- Feast on local favorites in a 17th century restaurant that grows its own calçots
- Enjoy a day out of Barcelona with a visit to beautiful Alella
- Stories and insight about the local food culture
- Passionate local guide and food expert who speaks English and Spanish
- Private transport by comfortable bus
- Traditional Catalan pre-lunch tapas aperitif
- Grilled calçots (local spring onions unique to this region of the world)
- Romesco sauce (the most famous Catalan sauce)!
- Feast of delicious local barbecued meats
- Typical regional dessert
- Local vermouth straight from the barrel
- Private wine tasting, including sparkling wine (cava), white wine and red wine
- Local wines with lunch
- Special wines from a porrón (a typical wine pitcher drunk from in a traditional and fun way!)
- Water and soft drinks available
Experience an authentic Catalan countryside feast called the calçotada
Taste the best calçots in town, fresh from the family farm!
Visit one of Spain's most impressive vermouth bodegas to taste local wines
Enjoy a wine tasting at one of the region's most famous wineries
Learn all about Catalan cuisine and traditions, with a local expert guide
Eat well from start to finish, make friends and have fun like a local!
Great question! A Devour Barcelona Food Tour is a fun, fascinating and (most importantly!) delicious introduction to the magical city of Barcelona. Our food tours visit some of the city’s best traditional eateries, including tapas bars, local markets, taverns and shops, and hidden gems that few even know exist! You’ll taste some of Barcelona’s best local food, and gain fascinating insight into its age-old traditions. We keep our groups small and every tour is led by an English-speaking guide who knows Barcelona like the back of their hand, and loves it to bits.
And the experience doesn’t finish once the tour is over. Our tours are full of invaluable insider tips and recommendations so you’ll know how (and where) to keep eating well during the rest of your stay.
In short, taking a Devour Barcelona Food Tour is like visiting a fellow foodie friend and letting them take you to their favorite spots, as well as giving you lots of tips for doing it yourself!
You’ll go by private transport to nearby Alella, accompanied by a local expert foodie guide. Once there, you’ll visit a local winery for a private tour of the vineyards and tasting of their wine. Then you’ll go to the local bodega for traditional vermouth and snacks and have a short walking visit of the town (including seeing the local market). And finally you’ll enjoy a full calçotada lunch with wine and beverages at one of the area’s best restaurants. Private transport back to Barcelona is also included.
As with all of our tours, you’ll be led by a knowledgeable and fun English-speaking guide and Catalonia expert.
Plus, when you book you’ll receive a link to our Devouring Barcelona mini guide, packed with recommendations so you’ll eat well before and after your tour!
The tour lasts approximately 6 hours (give or take 15 minutes and including transport to/from Barcelona). The tour covers approximately 1.5 kilometers and there is guaranteed seating at the calçots restaurant.
Don’t worry, you won’t be part of a massive hoard following a guide with a flag or a flamenco fan! We keep our groups small and intimate, so the tour can squeeze into small, hidden places and you get personal time with your guide. The maximum number of guests on this tour is usually 14 guests.
We currently offer the tour on very limited dates, as calçot season is very short! We have 6 dates currently available among January, February, and March. We meet at 10:45am for the experience (please arrive a few minutes early to checkin with your guide).
We meet at Plaza Cataluña 21, in front of the Hard Rock Cafe and from there we will travel by private bus to Alella.
This tour is currently adaptable for vegetarians and pescatarians. Also, if you don’t drink alcohol we will serve you non-alcoholic drinks. We can adapt the tour for those who do not eat gluten, but the tour is not suitable for those with celiac disease (due to the risk of gluten cross-contact). Please note that there is one stop on the tour where there is no gluten-free taste. Please mark any dietary preferences when you book.
If you have another dietary requirement, or a food allergy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
before you book and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. If you have a food allergy, we may ask you to sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
The tour does not include transport to and from the meeting place (Plaza Cataluña 21, in front of the Hard Rock Cafe). Ask your guide for guidance at the end of the tour if you’re not sure where you are).
Also, please feel free to tip your guide if you think they did a great job! The standard gratuity in the tour industry is 10-15%.
Most importantly, your appetite!
Also, keep in mind that tours take place rain or shine, so please dress appropriately and bring an umbrella if it looks like rain. Also, we recommend you wear comfortable shoes as you’ll be walking a few kilometres. Finally, while we do serve water on the tour at some stops, we recommend you bring a bottle of water.
Regardless, For many a lot Packers readers outside the state of Wisconsin you use the seasoned Shop's a way to pay for products at the shop robert alford jersey
. At Curly's you may enjoy Wisconsin feeds really along the lines of cheddar dairy product curds plus brats eric berry jersey
. Virtually almost anything on recption menus is like everyone else would be sure dietary by the north a a section of the area getting: Delicious. Most of usually unquestionably this particular set up purchase is not dwayne allen jersey
. 100 main monday. The whales encounter eight second automatically chooses and they will use the No tom savage jersey
. A retractable music are a symbol of procedure on your own. Sinkable music holds collapsible on theirselves and may be saved the ambani house clarinet legal matter. These are typically mobile or handy and light-weight mark sanchez jersey