Tapas, Taverns & History of Barcelona Tour
Key Information: Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
|Offered most evenings at 5:30pm (sometimes we add an extra tour at 7pm - check your ticket for actual start time) Additional days by request.|
|Tours last approximately 4 hours|
|Starts at underneath the Arc de Triomf monument (metro stop is also Arc de Triomf). Ends near metro Jaume I.|
|€99 per adult, €85 per teen (incl. 21% Spanish sales tax)|
What to Expect on Your Tour
In Barcelona tapas bars are dime a dozen– but which ones are authentic? And how do the locals go out for tapas? Learn all the answers and enjoy tapas the right way as you discover this magical city after dark on our 2-in-1 Tapas, Taverns & History of Barcelona Tour.
You’ll meet your expert local guide, and head straight into a bustling local Barcelona neighborhood. With a glass of wine (or two!) in hand, you’ll embark on a four-hour journey into the history, culture and delicious tapas scene of Barcelona. Over the course of the evening, your guide will lead you on a dinnertime tour to three of Barcelona’s most wonderful tapas bars— each completely authentic, unique and essential to understanding this city’s complex, fascinating and delicious food and wine scene.
But delicious food and great wine are just the start. Between bars, your guide will lead you through medieval streets of the central Gothic Quarter and Born neighborhood, bringing Barcelona’s magical past to life and helping you to discover this city and see it with fresh eyes. Hidden Roman ruins, the French influence, the incredible legacy of Christopher Columbus, and the watershed 1992 Olympics all play a part in this city’s amazing 2000-year history.
You’ll love this tour for its unbeatable combination of food and history– it’s two tours packed into one fantastic evening!
So join us to experience delicious tapas, flowing Spanish wine as well as culture, sights, and history. It’s the best way to understand and appreciate all that Barcelona has to offer! Book your spots now and eat with us on Barcelona’s official tapas and history tour.
Please Note: Due to evening nature of this tour, it is open to guests aged 13 years and up. Also, this tour is not available in August, as a number of the family-run establishments we work with close for their summer vacation. Please contact us for private tour options.
Why choose this tour?
- Discover Barcelona’s unique tapas scene It might sound crazy, but tapas aren’t native to Barcelona! Which can make going out for tapas alone very confusing. Your expert guide will let you in on the secrets to doing Barcelona tapas like a local across three very unique tapas bars – from a neighbourhood bodega, to rustic tapas tavern to delicious modern restaurant!
- 2,000 years of history Discover the city’s ancient past as your guide leads you through the narrow, twisting streets and grand squares of the enchanting Gothic and Born neighborhoods, revealing the incredible story of Barcelona along the way.
- 2-in-1! You’ll enjoy an unbeatable combination of tapas and history– it’s two tours packed into one unforgettable experience so you can discover everything Barcelona has to offer in a single fantastic evening.
- All-inclusive pricing Your tour includes all food and drink, a local English-speaking guide and 21% Spanish sales tax. The tapas and wine offered is enough for a full dinner. The tour also includes our Devouring Barcelona printed guide to the best things to do (and eat!) in Barcelona.
- Support local business We visit and support local, family-run businesses that are extremely proud of what they do– and we’ll meet some of the owners throughout the evening!
- It’s so much fun! From the first cured meats paired with local sparkling wine to delicious dessert, you’ll have a smile on your face and you might start asking about moving to Barcelona by the end of the night!
On Your Tour You Will...
Your Tour Starts Here
Why Choose Devour Spain Food Tours?
Good to know FAQs
You’ll visit 3 fantastic tapas bars– each completely unique and well-loved by the locals. You’ll enjoy a delicious assortment of homemade tapas including some of Barcelona’s best charcuterie, delicious Iberian pork, and mouth-watering hot-off-the-grill local sausage. You’ll try at least 12 tapas, enough for a (large) dinner. And of course, at each tapas bar you’ll pair your food with delicious drinks (Spanish wine, draught beer or vermouth). All tastes are subject to change based on seasonality and our vendors’ holiday schedules, but we guarantee they’ll always be delicious!
You’ll be led by a knowledgeable and fun English-speaking guide and Barcelona expert. Between tapas bars, they will lead you through winding streets and grand squares, giving you a fun, interesting historic walking tour of the old city.
Our guests love this tour because it’s both a tapas tour and a walking tour – the perfect 2-in-1 to get your head (and your belly) around Barcelona!
Plus, every guest receives our Devouring Barcelona mini guide, packed with recommendations so you’ll keep eating well for the rest of your stay!