Barcelona Tapas & Wine Tasting Tour
Key Information: Tapas & Wine Tasting Tour
|Offered most evenings at 6:30pm (check the tour calendar for upcoming dates)|
|Tours last approximately 3 hours|
|Starts at Bodega La Puntual (Carrer de Montcada, 22). Ends near Metro Arc de Triomf or Jaume I.|
|€85 per adult (70.25€ + tax. Includes 21% Spanish sales tax.)|
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for an unforgettable evening of Spanish wine and tapas as you discover Barcelona’s exciting wine scene with a local expert. This unique Barcelona wine tasting experience completely immerses you in this city’s world of wine as you visit three fabulous wine bars instead of a traditional, seated wine tasting. You’ll taste Spanish reds, whites, sparkling wine, vermouth and sweet wine and discover the ins and outs of Spanish styles, varieties and regions. In short, this is the best way in Barcelona to discover Spanish wine.
You’ll be led by a (fun!) wine expert through Barcelona’s gorgeous old town to three unique Barcelona wine establishments – a modern family-owned bodega, a beautiful Barcelona wine bar, and a traditional Catalan wine shop and bar that’s been passed down through generations. At each stop you’ll taste and discover wines in a fun, relaxed way. This experience is perfect for all wine levels, whether you’re a connoisseur or just love a delicious drop at the end of a long day. By the end of the evening you’ll be able enjoy Spanish wine more fully for the rest of your trip, and also make better decisions when you’re back home standing in the supermarket wine aisle! Why is Spain known for its reds… and what about the whites? What’s the difference between cava and champagne? How do I order wine in a Spanish tapas bar? You’ll get the answer to those questions and more.
But what is great wine without delicious food to accompany it? You’ll be treated to some of Barcelona’s most traditional and delicious tapas on this tour, each paired perfectly with an accompanying wine. It’s enough food for a full dinner (and with something sweet at the end of course).
And as with all Devour Barcelona tours, you’ll get our Devouring Barcelona mini-guide which is packed with all our favorite places to eat in the city. Plus, exclusive to this tour, you’ll also get our Barcelona Wine Guide, which will ensure the great wine flows freely for the rest of your trip.
Join us for the best wine and tapas experience in Barcelona!
*Please note that the drinking age in Spain is 18 and given the wine focus on this tour we limit it to guests aged 18+. Also, on Sunday tours & public holidays the final stop is an exclusive wine tasting room instead of the Catalan wine shop & bar.
Why choose this tour?
- Learn about Spanish wines with a local expert Treat yourself to learning about Spanish wines the right way– with a fun local wine expert. You’ll be captivated from the start, as you learn about the history of Spanish wines and why today they’re some of the best on the market! You’ll come away with tips for buying Spanish wines, and hopefully a few favorites from the night!
- All-inclusive pricing Your tour includes all food and drink, a local English-speaking guide and 21% Spanish sales tax. Throughout the tour you’ll have the option to taste 10 different wines (about 6 full glasses of wine in total – of course you don’t have to finish them all if you don’t want to!). The food offered is enough for dinner. The tour also includes our Devouring Barcelona printed guide to the best things to do (and eat!) in Barcelona and our exclusive Barcelona Wine Guide.
- Three emblematic wine stops The problem with a traditional wine tasting is that you miss out on where real, local people actually drink the wines! Not on this tour! You’ll visit three very different wine stops– a modern bodega, a classy wine bar, and a traditional bodega– and each is an important key to truly understanding the local Barcelona wine scene.
- 10 different wines! It may sound like a lot, but don’t worry– our tastings are perfectly paired and paced between bites of delicious tapas. We are generous with the pours, but of course we realize everyone has a different tolerance to alcohol and it’s up to you to pace yourself throughout the evening.
- Delicious tapas pairings Wine may be the main focus of this evening out, but the tapas are delicious too! You’ll try everything from classic Catalan torradas (delicious, bruschetta-like open faced sandwiches) to classic Catalan tapas pairings and traditional Catalan cheese, charcuterie and olives.
- It’s so much fun! Wine, tapas, and a group of fellow travelers– a Devour Barcelona food tour is fun, guaranteed!