Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
Discover the secrets of Barcelona's historic center on this two-in-one tapas and history tour!
- Kick off the evening with not one but two traditional aperitifs!
- Visit three unique types of tapas bars in Barcelona, from traditional to modern, and learn how to navigate them yourself
- Transport yourself into the past and walk the steps of Christopher Columbus
- Discover Barcelona's most hidden and magical squares, and the stories that lie behind them
- Practice your hand at drinking from the porrón, a traditional wine-drinking vessel
- Share some of Barcelona's best modern tapas with great wine and great company
- Selection of Catalan cured meats
- Cured tuna belly
- Selection of Spanish cheeses
- Selection of Spanish olives
- Botifarra sausage pintxo
- Classic Spanish tomato and onion salad
- Freshly-fried anchovies
- The best bravas in town
- Pan con tomate
- Traditional Catalan bean salad
- Braised beef cheek
- Grilled Iberian pork loin
- Cava - Spain's sparkling wine
- Vermouth straight from the barrel
- Red wine from the porrón (a fun, traditional drinking vessel)
- Local red wine from the Monstant region
- Local sweet wine from the Emporda region
What to Expect on Your Tour
In Barcelona tapas bars are dime a dozen– but which ones are authentic? And how do the locals go out for tapas? Learn all the answers and enjoy tapas the right way as you discover this magical city after dark on our 2-in-1 Tapas, Taverns & History of Barcelona Tour.
You’ll meet your expert local guide, and head straight into a bustling local Barcelona neighborhood to kick things off the authentic way. With a glass of wine (or two!) in hand, you’ll embark on a four-hour journey into the history, culture and delicious tapas scene of Barcelona. Over the course of the evening, your guide will lead you on a dinnertime tour to three of Barcelona’s most wonderful tapas bars— each completely authentic, unique and essential to understanding this city’s complex, fascinating and delicious food and wine scene.
Explore the history of tapas in Barcelona, and learn about (and taste!) the evolution from traditional and classic to modern and creative. What's best? Beyond getting to taste a wide selection of Barcelona's best tapas on offer, you will learn to appreciate Spain's gastronomy and cuisine on a whole new level!
But delicious food and great wine are just the start. Between bars, your guide will lead you through medieval streets of the central Gothic Quarter and Born neighborhood, bringing Barcelona’s magical past to life and helping you to discover this city and see it with fresh eyes. Hidden Roman ruins, the French influence, the incredible legacy of Christopher Columbus, and the watershed 1992 Olympics all play a part in this city’s amazing 2000-year history. And don't forget the hidden secrets that lie in every corner of Barcelona's most historic neighborhoods...you'll find them if you know where to look! Throughout the evening, you'll see some of Barcelona's major historical sights and squares and hear the fascinating stories behind them.
You’ll love this tour for its unbeatable combination of food and history– it’s two tours packed into one fantastic evening. It's the best way to understand and appreciate all that Barcelona has to offer!
As with all Devour Barcelona food tours, you’ll be led by one of our small team of expert, passionate English-speaking guides. And you’ll get a copy of our Devouring Barcelona mini-guide, which is packed with all our favourite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay!
So join us to experience delicious tapas, flowing Spanish wine as well as culture, sights, and history of the beautiful city of Barcelona.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Travel back in time and discover the secrets of historic Barcelona through the winding alleys of the Gothic Quarter and Born
Rave Reviews for This Tour
The glowing reviews say it all, this tour was fantastic and definitely worth the price.
The tour is an odyssey through colorful local establishments which gives one an insider's view of Barcelona.
This tour company works exclusively with local family businesses. From traditional wine and vermut at a bodega to fried anchovys and chugging wine from a bizarre glass contraption at the oldest tapas restaurant in the city, this was great fun.