Barcelona Winery Tour with Organic Wine Tasting and Farm-to-Table Lunch
Explore gorgeous organic vineyards and taste delicious local flavors on a luxurious Barcelona winery tour!
- A Barcelona winery tour of organic vineyards at an award-winning winery with views of the Mediterranean Sea
- A leisurely 3-course farm-to-table lunch paired with local wines from Alella and beyond
- The experience of a traditional "vermouth hour" alongside locals in a beautiful wine bodega, filled with barrels
- Learn how cava, the sparkling wine of Spain, is made and taste the very best
- Enjoy an exclusive tasting of various Spanish wines ranging across four different styles including white, red, sparkling and sweet
- Walk through the picturesque vineyards and enjoy the Mediterranean lifestyle in a charming 10th century village!
- Cured manchego cheese
- Anchovy-stuffed olives
- Local artisanal potato chips
- Homemade vinegar and paprika sauce
- Pan con tomate
- Roasted squash ravioli with local tomatoes with capers and olives (example first course)
- Roasted lamb with seasonal vegetables and goat cheese (example main course)
- Crema Catalana mousse (example dessert)
- Homemade vermouth from the barrel
- Cava from the Allela wine region
- White wine from the Alella wine region
- Red wine from Alella wine region
- Dessert wine from Alella wine region
- Pansa Blanca White Wine from Alella Wine Region
- Red wine from Montsant wine region
- Cava from Alella Wine Region
What to Expect on Your Tour
STOP-BY-STOPStart off the morning by meeting your expert local guide and fellow wine-lovers in centrally-located Plaza Catalunya, where you’ll board your private transport. On the way to to the beautiful Mediterranean wine region of Alella, your guide will fill you in on the history of the area, and what to expect throughout the day!
In no time at all, you’ll have made it to Alella! The first stop of the day is one of the area’s top organic wineries, where you’ll walk through the sun-drenched vineyards and enjoy brilliant views of the sea. You’ll visit their cellars to learn the ins-and-outs of Spanish wine production, and afterwards, enjoy an exclusive tasting of their wines!
Next, you’ll stop for a traditional aperitif with the locals at an impressive wine cellar and tavern in the village! Discover the secret of Spanish vermouth and try your skills at drinking from the famous porró wine jug!
And of course, after you’ve whet your appetite, it’s time to sit down to a traditional Spanish lunch. Sit back, relax and take things slow! You’ll head to a beautiful restaurant that specializes in slow food and local products (everything sourced within 100 kilometres of the restaurant), where you will enjoy local wines paired with a three-course lunch!
At the end of the day, you’ll be chauffeured back to the meeting point in Barcelona, having enjoyed a delicious, relaxing and enlightening day trip on our award-winning Barcelona winery tour.
And as with all Devour Barcelona tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Barcelona guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Barcelona like a local! You’ll also get our special wine guide full of extra information about Spanish wines, so that you can continue the love affair back home! Spanish wine country is calling your name… join us!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Discover one of the most charming traditional villages and wine regions near Barcelona, Alella!
Rave Reviews for This Tour
Our tour with the lovely Nora was the perfect primer for a few days in Barcelona! We loved learning about Catalan food and culture while helping support incredible local establishments. We know a good bit about wine and learned a ton in this tour (but I think it's also very approachable for a wine beginner). I couldn't recommend it more!
Our guide - Norah - supplied us with a lot of information not only about the food we tasted but also about history, culture and even politics! one felt that she really was dedicated to her work!
Finn went above and beyond for an amazing experience and the food, wine, and atmosphere were certainly worth every penny.