Barcelona Wine Country Day Trip
Explore sun-drenched vineyards and taste delicious local flavours on this food and wine-fueled day trip from Barcelona!
- Discover a charming village near Barcelona, and enjoy incredible views of the Mediterranean sea
- Experience the traditional aperitif hour with the locals in a beautiful wine emporium in the village
- Take a private tour of the vineyards of a top-producing winery in the region
- Learn how cava, the sparkling wine of Spain, is made (hint: it's not how you think!)
- Enjoy an exclusive tasting of various Spanish wines ranging across four different styles including white, red, sparkling and sweet
- Sit down to a wonderful and leisurely three-course lunch paired with local wines from Alella and beyond
- Cured manchego cheese
- Anchovy-stuffed olives
- Local artesenal potato chips
- Vinegar and paprika homemade sauce
- Pan con tomate
- Roasted squash ravioli with local tomatoes with capers and olives (example first course)
- Roasted lamb with seasonal vegetables and goat cheese (example main course)
- Crema Catalana mousse (example dessert)
- Homemade vermouth from the barrel
- Cava from the Allela wine region
- White wine from the Alella wine region
- Red wine from Alella wine region
- Dessert wine from Alella wine region
- Pansa Blanca White Wine from Alella Wine Region
- Red wine from Montsant wine region
- Cava from Alella Wine Region
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for a wine lover’s day out to explore the gorgeous region of Alella, one of the oldest and quaintest wine regions in all of Spain. From a light aperitif to a three-course lunch pairing and plenty of tastings in between, immerse yourself in Catalan wine country on this fantastic day trip just a 30-minute drive outside the city. Thirst-quenching cava, crisp Mediterranean white wines, full-bodied reds… There is so much to discover, and better yet, just a stone’s throw from Barcelona!
Start off the morning by meeting your expert local guide and fellow wine-lovers in centrally-located Plaza Catalunya. Board your private air-conditioned transport with professional driver and off you’ll go to the beautiful Mediterranean wine region of Alella. On the way, your guide will fill you in on the history of the area, and what to expect throughout the day.
In no time at all, you’ll arrive to the gorgeous village of Alella, where you’ll make the first stop at one of the area’s top wineries for a walk through the vineyards (sun-drenched and with sea-views) and a tour of their cellers to learn the ins-and-outs of Spanish wine production. After the tour, enjoy an exclusive tasting of six of their wines, from sparkling to sweet and everything in between!
After exploring the winery and sampling their wines, the group will stop for a traditional aperitif with the locals at an impressive wine celler and tavern in the village. Discover the secret of Spanish vermouth and try your skills at drinking from the the famous (and ancient!) porró wine jug before heading out to explore the narrow streets of charming Alella.
And of course, after we’ve whet our appetite, it’s time to sit down to a traditional Spanish lunch. What does that mean? Sit back, relax, and take things slow! The group will head to a beautiful restaurant in town that specializes in slow food and local products (everything sourced from 100 kilometres of the restaurant), where you will enjoy local wines paired with a three course lunch, discovering the incredible local cuisine with each bite and locals wines with each sip.
At the end of the day, you’ll be chauffeured back to our meeting point in Barcelona, having enjoying a delicious, relaxing and enlightening day trip out of Barcelona.
And as always with Devour Barcelona tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Barcelona mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in Barcelona, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! And you’ll also get our special wine guide full of extra information about Spanish wines, so that you can continue the love affair back home! Spanish wine country is calling your name… join us!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Discover one of the most charming traditional villages and wine regions near Barcelona, Alella!
Rave Reviews for This Tour
Our tour with the lovely Nora was the perfect primer for a few days in Barcelona! We loved learning about Catalan food and culture while helping support incredible local establishments. We know a good bit about wine and learned a ton in this tour (but I think it's also very approachable for a wine beginner). I couldn't recommend it more!
Our guide - Norah - supplied us with a lot of information not only about the food we tasted but also about history, culture and even politics! one felt that she really was dedicated to her work!
Finn went above and beyond for an amazing experience and the food, wine, and atmosphere were certainly worth every penny.