Tastes, Tapas & Traditions of Barcelona Food Tour
Join our Barcelona food tour and taste your way through El Born and La Barceloneta, two of Barcelona's must-see neighborhoods!
- A non-touristy food lover's discovery of the secrets of the medieval Born and beachside Barceloneta neighborhoods
- Barcelona's most delicious homemade seafood paella (Barcelona´s style) with wine at a hidden gem
- An insider's tour of the vibrant Santa Caterina Market, a far cry from the overcrowded Boqueria
- Barcelona's best Iberian ham and gourmet cheeses at family-run market stalls
- Behind-the-scenes look and tastes at one of Barcelona's oldest specialty food shops, opened 1851!
- The chance to learn about local tapas culture over wine in a beloved local Catalan bodega
- Two types of Spanish ham, including the famous acorn-fed Iberian variety
- Traditional cured sausages of Catalonia—with local-style wine!
- Award-winning Manchego cheese
- Local Catalan goat cheese
- Famous Mediterranean Mahon cheese
- Award-winning mascarpone-stuffed croissant
- Gourmet chocolate-covered nuts
- Marcona almonds, roasted in house
- Homemade olive skewer with Mediterranean anchovies
- Freshly-fried salt cod fritters
- Homemade seafood paella (the local paella!)
- Botifarra, a Catalan grilled sausage
- Authentic local tapas
- Cava, the sparkling wine of Spain
- Spanish vermouth aperitif
- Wine from the porrón (a fun, traditional drinking vessel)
- Wine or beer with lunch
What to Expect on Your Tour
Discover two of Barcelona’s most charming neighborhoods—the medieval Born district and the fishermen’s quarter Barceloneta—while popping in and out of family-run shops! Too many visitors simply skim the city’s surface, so let one of our expert guides lead you off the tourist track and right into Barcelona’s winding medieval lanes and fascinating history! Not only will you delve into the traditions of two Barcelona neighborhoods, but you’ll taste the best the city has to offer while meeting the locals behind it all!
Start your morning off with a traditional Catalan breakfast—a grilled sausage sandwich and a glass of sparkling Spanish cava!
Next, you’ll be whisked away to the local Santa Caterina Market—a far cry from the busy Boquería! You’ll weave in and out of locals doing their shopping as you learn about their daily customs and traditions. Along the way, you’ll make two stops to try 3 types of delicious Spanish cheese, followed by cured meats, including jamón ibérico!
Then you’re off to one of Barcelona’s oldest specialty shops—one of the last of its kind, in fact! You’ll taste three of the shop’s specialties, as well as discover a little hidden secret in the back!
Next, you’re off to try an award-winning croissant at the most acclaimed pastry shop in Barcelona! This is not your typical croissant—get ready for a decadent surprise!
After a morning of exploring (and tasting your way through!) the Born district, it’s time to head towards the fishermen’s district of Barceloneta! Along the way, your expert guide will highlight some of Barcelona’s most interesting corners.
After the short walk, it’s time to practice the art of the Spanish aperitif! You’ll head to a local bodega, where you’ll enjoy a glass of vermouth and a pre-lunch nibble as you learn about why places like these were the original Catalan tapas bars!
To finish off, it’s time for a traditional Spanish lunch! You’ll visit a tucked-away restaurant in the fishermen’s district to enjoy some of the best homemade seafood paella in town, alongside fantastic local wine!
And as with all Devour Barcelona tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Barcelona guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Barcelona like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore two of the city's most historic and emblematic neighborhoods, the medieval Born and the fishermen's district of Barceloneta.
Rave Reviews for This Tour
This was our first food tour ever... We debated on the $100 Canadian price tag, but in the end we would do it again in a heartbeat as the information you get and the food you taste is worth every penny
I strongly suggest taking this tour early during your stay in Barcelona, as it will expose you to the culture of the city, and introduce you to some fantastic places you may not otherwise find. My wife and I revisited a number of the stops from the tour during our stay, and had a great time getting to know the places even better.
Very insightful tour about not only the delicious food of Barcelona but also about the history of this amazing city. We fell in love with this city and we know that Devour Tours helped in a tremendous way