Barcelona for Kids Walking Tour with Snacks
Enjoy our fun & interactive Barcelona family tour, a walking tour designed specifically for families. Candy shops, giants, legends, stories, food & more!
- An interactive walking tour through Barcelona’s historic city center, designed for kids ages 4 to 12
- Adapted activities for your kids, depending on their ages-- including language learning, a dragon hunt and more exciting challenges!
- Delicious stops at two family-run food businesses to learn about (and taste!) some of the best local food. Parents will even get to enjoy a glass of cava while kids make their own Spanish sandwiches!
- Visit many of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter & El Born highlights. From the Passeig del Born to the Roman Pillars and Barcelona Cathedral – you will not just get to see them but will learn what makes them so fascinating!
- A private visit to behind the scenes at one of the city’s oldest bakeries for churros and chocolate-- a favorite of Spanish kids everywhere!
- An expert guide who makes Barcelona’s stories and legends come alive for your kids.
We found this company here on TripAdvisor the week before our trip and I'm so glad we did. It was an excellent morning for our family. I'm 100% certain we wouldn't have visited all of these places if not for the tour and they were excellent. The tour guides were wonderful. I really can't gush about it enough. I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Barcelona. We loved it.
We had 2 kids with us aged 10 and 12 who really enjoyed the experience of sampling local food prepared by local people. We also got to learn many cultural facts along the way... much more fun to eat and drink as you go!
We were a little apprehensive bringing our 7 and 4 year old boys on the tour given the length of the tour but in the end the walking was relatively brief and both guides were incredible with the kids. Renee even had coloring pages and pencils and Norah was amazing entertaining our little one. If you have kids and are in Barcelona you have to do this tour!
- The very famous Xiuxo pastry-- a delicious homemade donut!
- Pan con tomate
- Iberian cured meats and cheeses (the best of the best!)
- A boiled candy of your choice in one of the oldest sweet shops in the Gothic Quarter.
- A beverage of choice (cava, wine, beer, water, soft drinks)
- Spanish style hot chocolate
- Coffee or tea
What to Expect on Your Tour
This Barcelona family walking tour explores the city’s beautiful historic center, passing through Barcelona’s main sights in the Born & the Gothic neighborhoods. Tours may include stops such as the Giant’s museum, which children will love as they learn all about the fun, colorful and interesting traditions from Catalonia.
The fun and dynamic tour will keep your children engaged throughout with stories of Spanish history– explorers, kings and queens, princes and princesses, knights, artists, and more. Full of activities and games, including a dragon hunt through medieval streets! Watch your children follow clues and hints as we make our way through winding alleys in search of some of these mythical beasts, as we explain their place in Barcelona’s history.
About 30 minutes into the tour, we’ll make a food stop for a typical Spanish breakfast in one of our favorite and oldest bakeries, which is over 150 years old. Here we will get to go behind the scenes and visit the bakers busy at work before we settle down to some delicious pastries and treats.
We will then continue our journey to the beautiful local market and see the hustle and bustle of local of daily life as we learn some useful Spanish words and phrases before we set off again for the very famous Giant’s museum.*The Giant's Museum is subject to closings, if closed alternate stops will be arranged.
Halfway through the tour, we will relax into another delicious tasting of the best Iberian cured meats at a traditional, family-run cafe. Adults and children will enjoy a beverage of choice (cava, wine, beer, soft drinks, or water) and kids will learn the art of making Spanish sandwiches, called “bocadillos” as they learn all about Spanish culture and how kids their own age live in Spain.
Fully energized, we take off on the second half of the tour where kids learn all about our Roman history as they explore the Gothic neighborhood. They will love the charming square and stories as they search for gargoyles hidden in the winding streets. Our kid-friendly guides are gifted storytellers and will make sure your children have the best experience of Barcelona.
Towards the end of the route, you’ll make your last stop at a beautiful old sweet shop before we say goodbye. The tour wraps up leaving you and your children with plenty of energy as you go back to enjoying your visit to Barcelona.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides, who loves kids! They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore Barcelona's most famous historic squares, sights, and hidden alleys in the medieval city center!