Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
Barcelona's top-rated tapas and history tour! A 2-in-1 adventure with amazing tapas plus a fascinating tour of the historic center.
- The true Barcelona tapas experience (no tourist traps here!) including a full dinner across three of Barcelona's most authentic and unique local tapas bars
- A passionate guide and food lover who will teach you to do tapas like a local-- Barcelona style!
- A crash course on local drinking culture, as you taste vermouth, cava, and plenty of wine
- A historic tour of Barcelona's most hidden and magical squares, and the stories that lie behind them
- A journey back in time as you walk the steps of Christopher Columbus
- Authentic and unique local experiences, like drinking wine from a porrón!
My group and I had an amazing evening with Lior, who guided us around to multiple tasting sites, with stops along the way to detail major historical events. At the tastings we learned even more history such as about vermouth and how tapas came about. Before this tour I was somewhat intimidated by all of the crowded tapas bars I saw, but by the end of the tour I felt comfortable enough to venture out on my own and experiment with different tapas bars.
I wish they had these tours in every city in the world. Our guide gave us all the ins and outs of the city, and her passion for the city and the food really came through. She took us places to see and to eat that I would have never found on my own. I felt like a true local.
Absolutely fantastic. Worth every cent. Norah is so passionate about her food, city and history, it's amazing. You're not paying just for the food. You're paying for a history lesson, a tour and finding out how food and wine are paired. We had about 12 dishes and a number of wines and everything was amazing. We went to places that you would never find alone. I loved it.
- Gourmet selection of Catalan cured meats
- Local cured tuna belly
- Artisanal Spanish cheeses
- Spanish marinated olives
- Botifarra sausage pintxo
- Classic Spanish tomato and onion salad
- Freshly-fried anchovies
- The best patatas bravas in town
- Pan con tomate
- Traditional Catalan bean salad
- Slowly braised beef cheek
- Grilled Iberian pork loin
- Cava - Spain's sparkling wine
- Vermouth straight from the barrel
- Red wine from the porrón (a fun, traditional drinking vessel)
- Local red wine from the Monstant region
- Local sweet wine from the Emporda region
What to Expect on Your Tour
Embark on a journey into Barcelona’s history, culture and delicious tapas scene! You’ll visit three of Barcelona’s best tapas bars as you wind your way through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter and Born neighborhood. But delicious food and great wine are just the start! Your expert guide will bring Barcelona’s magical past to life, helping you truly discover the city! By the end of the night, you’ll have mastered going out for tapas like a local and come away with an insider perspective on this magical city!
Kick things off at a traditional bodega, or wine shop, where locals still stop by with empty containers to fill up with wine! With a glass of bubbly cava in hand, you’ll taste locally cured meats, cheese, olives and cured tuna belly! You’ll also taste the city’s favorite aperitif—sweet vermouth!
Next, your expert guide will lead you through Barcelona’s stunning Gothic quarter, pointing out hidden corners and letting you in on its secrets on the way to the next tapas bar.
The second tapas bar is a Barcelona establishment! Although it only has four tapas on the menu, they’re all spectacular, which is why this place is almost always overflowing with locals. At this bar, you’ll enjoy fried anchovies, a refreshing tomato salad and grilled Catalan sausage!
Afterwards, it’s time to head to another area—the Born—where your guide will lead you through its narrow streets as you learn even more of Barcelona’s many secrets and myths.
Finally, it’s time for a sit-down meal at one of Barcelona’s most-loved tapas bar. You’ll enjoy a selection of traditional Catalan dishes with unique, modern twists, along with red wine from the Monstant region! Dinner wouldn’t be complete without something sweet—you’ll finish the night with a traditional Spanish dessert and a sweet red wine!
And as with all Devour Barcelona tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Barcelona guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Barcelona like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Travel back in time and discover the secrets of historic Barcelona through the winding alleys of the Gothic Quarter and Born neighborhoods.