Barcelona Tapas & Wine Tour
Dive into the world of Spanish wine as you pop into the best wine and tapas bars in the medieval Born neighborhood!
- Taste 10 different Spanish wines, including reds, whites, sparkling and fortified wines
- Visit three different types of Barcelona wine and tapas bars: modern bodega, traditional bodega & trendy wine bar
- Discover the hidden backstreets of Barcelona's most charming historic district, the Born
- Stop into one of Barcelona's oldest family-run wine shops and taste wine directly from the barrel!
- A crash course on cava, Spain's version of Champagne and the locals' favorite tipple
- A taste of Barcelona's best traditional tapas: patatas bravas, cured meats, cheeses and more
The wine and tapas tour hosted by Fintan was the highlight of our trip. Everything from the history lessons to the food to the wine were spectacular. It was clear Fintan had a good understanding of the Catalan history, and a great understanding of wine. During our 10 day trip in Spain, this food tour remains the highlight of our trip.
We took the wine and tapas tour with Lior and had a great night. Lior was very knowledgeable with regards to history and local wines, and made the night very enjoyable and fun. The wine tasting was great and the food paired to it just perfect. We would highly recommend doing this tour as it is a great intro to Spanish wine, and of course, the food.
We did the wine/tapas tour last night and it was awesome!! Fintan was very knowledgeable and friendly and took us to great spots. The food was delicious and the wine was even better. This was a perfect way to spend our first evening in Barcelona!
- Pata Negra Iberian ham croquettes
- Barcelona's best patatas bravas
- Gourmet "tosta" topped with mozzarella, tomato and roasted eggplant
- Gourmet "tosta" topped with local blue cheese, apple flambé and raspberry coulis
- Spain's famous cured Manchego cheese
- Smoked Idiazabal cheese
- Gourmet assortment of cured meats
- Anchovy-stuffed olives
- Local arbequina olives
- Chocolate covered Marcona almonds
- Vermouth straight from the traditional barrels
- Reserva cava (Spanish sparkling wine)
- Gran reserva cava (Spanish sparkling wine)
- Penedes still white wine
- Emporda rosé wine
- Traditional bodega wine, directly from the barrel
- Red wine from nearby DO Monstant region
- Spain's famous Ribera del Duero wine
- Red aged Rioja wine
- Pedro Ximenez dessert wine
What to Expect on Your Tour
Immerse yourself in the world of Spanish wine as an expert wine guide helps you weave your way in and out of three unique Barcelona tapas bars in the gorgeous Born district! From old-school traditional to new and modern, this walking wine tasting is the best way to discover Spanish wine! Paired with delicious tapas, you’ll taste everything from Spanish reds and whites, to sparkling wine, vermouth and sweet wine! By the end of the evening, you’ll be armed with tips for enjoying wine for the rest of your trip, and you’ll have a clearer idea on which bottle to pick up at the supermarket back home!
STOP-BY-STOPStart your night the way most locals do in Barcelona—with a classic aperitif! You’ll enjoy sweet vermouth straight from the tap, and you’ll learn why this delicious fortified wine is making a comeback! You’ll also try two quintessential Barcelona tapas—Iberian ham croquettes and spicy patatas bravas!
Next up, you’ll head to one of Barcelona’s trendiest wine bars. The owners specialize in Catalan wines and boast a fantastic wine list. This is where you’ll dive into the world of sparkling Spanish wine—cava—which is mostly produced in Catalonia! You’ll taste two very different cavas before moving on to something Spain is a little less known for—white and rosé! These refreshing wines will be paired with gourmet, open-faced toasts.
The last stop of the night is at a traditional bodega, or wine store! You’ll learn why wine stores like this one existed in the past, and see how regulars today still bring empty containers to fill up with wine once a week! Along with a traditional Catalan spread of gourmet olives, cheese and cured meats, you’ll taste a range of Spain’s fabulous reds.
And as with all Devour Barcelona tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Barcelona guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Barcelona like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Stroll the gorgeous, cobblestoned streets of the historic and trendy medieval Born district