Early Morning Boqueria Market Tour
A behind-the-scenes Boqueria Market tour where you'll see this vibrant market come to life and learn about Spain's incredible food and ingredients!
- Visit the Boqueria Market as soon as it opens in a small, intimate group-- no crowds!
- An expert food guide who will show you the most authentic ingredients in local Catalan cuisine.
- Tastings at 5 different food stalls and chats with the vendors-- the true experts!
- A look at Barcelona's controversial tourism industry and how tourism has affected icons like La Boqueria.
- A delicious comparison of the best Iberian hams and cured meats-- learn what makes the best the best!
- Breakfast after the market visit at a famous café from 1870-- rich Spanish hot chocolate anyone?
The walk through the market and the streets of Barcelona was wonderful and the food tasting, drinks and meals were delicious. Highly recommended.
Our guide, Paulina, was very knowledgeable of the food and history behind the restaurant and market that we visited. We tasted a variety of Catalan foods and beverages that I likely would not have known to try or where to find them had I not gone on this food tour. Well worth the expense. One of my favorite experiences while visiting Barcelona.
- Spain's best ham
- Delicious cheeses
- Varied Spanish olives
- Nuts and dried fruits
- Creamy hot chocolate and fresh whipped cream
- Homemade melindros-- a dipping cookie
- Seasonal Spanish fruits
- Coffee, Spanish style!
- Rich Spanish hot chocolate
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join an incredible early-morning discovery of the famous Barcelona Boqueria Market.
Our early morning Boqueria Market Tour arrives just as the stallholders are setting up, and long before the tourist crowds start to arrive. You'll have a peek behind the scenes with our favorite vendors, and learn about where Spain's abundance of meats, seafood and produce come from. You'll meet locals who have worked in the market for decades and hear their stories. You'll also learn about how the Boqueria Market has changed over time, and how over-tourism is contributing negatively to this iconic market.
Our visit will contribute to the market in a sustainable way: we will be in a small group of six guests maximum and we will visit and support various family-run stalls. You will also learn about how to be responsible visitors to Barcelona, and see the city from a local perspective with your local guide!
Our Boqueria Market Tour also includes a delicious breakfast at a nearby breakfast café called a 'granja' -- this one has been open since 1870 and has a fascinating history! Come early and hungry, and join us on this unforgettable daytime food tour.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Visit La Boqueria Market located in Barcelona's beautiful historic center and emblematic Las Ramblas street.