Barcelona is the ideal place for an unforgettable family vacation!
The Catalan capital is safe, beautiful and welcoming to families from all over the world. There’s plenty to do for kids of all ages, and adults can appreciate the city’s rich history and culture. If you’re planning a family trip to Spain, this family friendly guide to Barcelona is a must-read! Here’s what to do, where to stay and what to eat when visiting Barcelona with little ones.
What to do
Barcelona for Kids Walking Tour with Activities & Snacks
First up on our family friendly guide to Barcelona: a food tour, of course! Tours are a great way to get the lay of a land in any city, but younger kids might get cranky from so much walking. With that in mind, we created our Barcelona for Kids Walking Tour with Activities & Snacks. This private, interactive light walking tour is perfect for kids ages 4-12, but parents will have just as much fun along the way!
Along with your expert local guide, your family will head to some of Barcelona’s most famous and authentic establishments to sample traditional food Spanish kids love. Language learning and fun challenges will captivate your kids from start to finish. Your family will always remember this fun and delicious journey through beautiful Barcelona!
Tibidabo Amusement Park
Let loose and have some family fun at Barcelona’s iconic amusement park! Perched on a hill with stunning views overlooking the city, Tibidabo has rightfully earned a spot in our family friendly guide to Barcelona. For more than a century, this historic park has delighted and amazed families from all over the world. The old-world charm combined with fun, modern experiences make this the perfect option for a relaxing day away from the city center.
Address: Plaça Tibidabo, 3-4
That’s right—Barcelona has an entire museum dedicated to everyone’s favorite sweet treat! The Chocolate Museum takes you on a historic journey through time as you discover how chocolate came to be so popular in Europe. See how chocolate is made and marvel at some seriously incredible chocolate sculptures! If you have more time to spend here, they also offer some fun workshops for kids to get hands-on with their favorite candy. And, of course, there is plenty of chocolate to eat as well!
Address: Carrer Comerç, 36
Get lost in Gaudí’s magical fairytale park! Kids will love the gigantic gingerbread houses and colorful tiles at Park Guell. The whimsical architecture will even captivate adults—we’re sure you’ve never seen a park like this before! The park’s large size means that you’ll be doing a lot of walking, so plan accordingly. We suggest packing a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park!
Where to stay
- Le Meridien: With a prime location right on La Rambla, this hotel earns a spot on our family friendly guide to Barcelona for its comfortable family rooms and fun activities for kids.
Address: La Rambla, 111
- Sunotel Aston: This fabulous hotel features an incredible outdoor pool that’s perfect for the whole family. Try the kid-friendly international food in their unique restaurant, too!
Address: Carrer de París, 101
- Majestic Hotel: Classy and elegant while remaining unpretentious, this 5-star hotel is perfect for a relaxing family getaway.
Address: Passeig de Gracia, 68
- Grand Hotel Central: From beautiful, well-equipped family rooms to a stunning rooftop pool, everyone will love this relaxing hotel in the Gothic Quarter.
Address: Via Laietana, 30
Where to eat
- Merquén: Chilean-Catalan fusion food might sound too fancy for little picky eaters, but we think they’ll be pleasantly surprised. Simple recipes and minimalist decor make this a great, no-fuss option for the whole family.
Address: Calle Viladomat, 36
- Granja Petitbo: This simple, beautiful café serves all kinds of kid-friendly dishes. From scrambled eggs in the morning to yummy sandwiches in the afternoon, they’re sure to find something they’ll love.
Address: Passeig de Sant Joan, 82
- Pudding: This whimsical café will delight travelers of all ages! Besides just having great family-friendly food, they also offer several games and activities for kids to play with while parents relax and sip their coffee.
Address: Carrer de Pau Claris, 90
We hope you enjoyed our family friendly guide to Barcelona! While you’re in town, be sure to join us for a kid-friendly food tour! Our exclusive Barcelona for Kids Walking Tour is guaranteed fun for the whole family! Kids and adults alike will have a blast learning about Spanish and Catalan culture as it applies to children and families, all while enjoying some of the city’s best bites! We hope to see you soon!